Special Issue on Computer Science Research
Letter from the Editor
In this number we present eight papers and two thesis overview (Magister level). Different aspects of Computer Science Research are covered, from theoretical to experimental work.
We include a special invited paper on “Fetch unit design for scalable simultaneous multithreading (ScSMT)” from the Computer Architecture and Operating System Group (Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona), and seven papers selected from 22 contributions received.
A new section named “Thesis Overview” is presented. There, we would like to present short abstracts about exposed Thesis in Computer Science (MS and Phd level), so our readers can contact authors and receive more information about research lines of their interest.
Now we are processing contributions for number 5 and number 6 of our Journal, based on papers presented at the Argentine Congress of Computer Science (CACIC’00), in Ushuaia during October 2000.
Ing. Armando E. De Giusti.
Universidad de La Plata
“If we can contribute with R&D results in Information Technology (IT), with our grain of sand to the worldwide scientific community, we have made a difference”.
Dr. Ramiro Jordan
- Fetch Unit Design for Scalable Simultaneous Multithreading (ScSMT)
Moure J. C., Rexachs D. I., Luque E.
- Formalizing Defeasible Argumentation using a Labeled Deductive System
Chesñevar C., Simari G.
- Translating Fork Specifications into Logic Programs
Baum G., Aguirre N., Arroyo M.
- Environment for the Simulation of Different ACP and error recovery in Distributed Data Bases
Ruscuni S., Bertone R.
- Performance of Scientific Processing in Networks of Workstations: Matrix Multiplications Example.
- High Performance VLSI Signal Processing: Innovative Architectures and Algorithms
Volume I – Algorithms and Architectures
Edited by K. J. Ray LIU and Kung YAO. IEEE Press. 1998
Ing. Horacio Villagarcía
- Image and Video Compression Standards
Algorithms and Architectures Second Edition
By Vasudev Bhaskaran and Konstantinos Konstantinides
Kluwer Academic Publishers
Ms Claudia Russo
- Web-based Management Tools
By: Daniel Arias Figueroa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Director: Javier Díaz ( email@example.com)
Thesis – Magister on Computer Science
Data Communication Networks
Universidad Nacional de La Plata – Facultad de Informática
- An Evolutive Computation Solution for the TSP: Possible Application to Organizations
By: Gabriela F. Minetti (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Director: Raúl Gallard (email@example.com)
Master in Office Automation
UNLP – Facultad de Informática –